Location: Hamilton, ON
DJM teamed up with Historic Plaster Conservation Services who provided plaster consolidation to the dining room ceiling of this National Historic Site. Extensive protection was needed throughout the interior to protect the historic interior finishes from damage.
McQuesten House / Whitehern is a superior example of the residential architecture of the mid-19th-century and is very much characteristic of large Ontario houses built during this period. The house was built in 1848 for Richard O. Duggan as the centrepiece of a residential estate. In 1852 it was purchased by Dr. Calvin McQuesten and remained in the McQuesten family until they donated it to the City of Hamilton in 1959